Orange Cupcakes

9/04/2016 Nimi 0 Comments


Earlier I tried lemon cupcakes and they were delicious. You can find the recipe on my old blog. Click here to access it. I replicated that recipe with teeny change, I replaced lemon zest with Orange zest and Lemon juice with Orange Juice. I also used orange essence you could very well ignore it.
This recipe makes 12 delicious cupcakes, you could reduce or increase as you need. You may also top it off some pretty frosting to complete the look, I am yet to practice the icing techniques, my first experience wasn't great. But I am definitely going to try again when I get some quality time.
Ingredients:
All purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking Powder - 1 t.spn
Baking Soda - 1 t.spn
Salt - 1/4 tspn
Softened Butter - 1/3 cup (75 gm)
Regular Sugar - 3/4 cup. If you prefer medium sweetness use 1/2 cup
Eggs - 2
Orange Extract - 1 t.spn
Vanilla Extract - 1 t.spn
Orange Zest - 1 tbl spn
Milk - 1/2 cup
Orange Juice - 2 t.spn

 Preparation:
Sift all dry ingredients beginning from Flour to salt and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl add butter and sugar. Mix well until it becomes light and fluffy. I used a hand mixer.

Add the eggs one by one while mixing. once it's incorporated well with mixture add Orange zest, vanilla extract and orange extract mix well.

Then add the dry ingredients in 3 parts and mix well. First add 1/3 of flour mixture and blend well, pour in 1/3 of milk & blend followed by 1 t.spn orange juice. Repeat the same procedure for rest of the flour.

Transfer to muffin tins with or without liners and bake for 15 - 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C. The timing vary based on the type of oven and the quantity. I got mine baked in 17 minutes in convection (6 muffin tray). You could also bake in silicon liners.

Note:

- ensure all ingredients are at room temperate especially butter, egg and milk.
- Do not melt butter to liquid, simply microwave it for about 10 sec or place on a warm lid. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments: